Best Multiport USB Charging Station?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am looking for a mulitport USB charging station that is able to handle max quick charge for all ports at the same time. Must be 8 or 10 ports, USB A or C, and must be able to output max to each port if they are all in use. Anyone have any experience or recommendations?

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is your max wattage draw per port? If you're looking for 100W you're asking for a 1kW charging station which is unlikely to exist - Anker is my go to for chargers, have a look at their site

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What is your max wattage draw per port? If you're looking for 100W you're asking for a 1kW charging station which is unlikely to exist - Anker is my go to for chargers, have a look at their site
Not that much, whatever the max an iPhone, iPad, Apple earbuds or an Android phone can handle.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Settled for two of the Anker 543 4 ports.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anker is solid - I am not sure if that will meet your charging needs (that does 45 from USBc and 20 from the USB-A's)

The 360 will charge all ports @60 watts simultaneously

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had good results with the Chinese 'Huwder' brand desktop chargers, they also have USB C ports which is getting more and more common these days which could charge macbooks and stuff.

Ordered it directly at the time: Huwder 150W PD Charger

I can use it to charge my laptop, phone and use my soldering iron (TS100 with USB C converter) at the sime time.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but the Anker recommendation seems solid, due mainly to its UL-certification.

That is my main recommendation: whatever device or brand, insure its UL-certified. I know for a fact that a cell phone charger in the bedroom burned down a client's 5 year old, 2,400 sq. foot, 2 story house about 5 years ago. She said the charger was a "cheap one she bought at the dollar store." Having looked at that very same product line before for myself, I am certain they were NOT UL-certified. Being only $5 as opposed to $10 or more is a dead giveaway.

There are no guarantees that even a UL-listed device won't have a serious problem just as there are no guarantees in life. But you can stack the deck in your favor if you go for the UL- listed device, even if it's cost more.

IMO, the UL-listing is worth it because I have confidence it is current-limited, made with non-flame supporting plastics and tested so it's MUCH less likely to catch on fire and burn down the house. And trust me...homeowner's insurance companies will look for any reason to NOT pay a claim and I've come to understand that if a non-UL listed/certified device is found to be the fire's origin, they'll deny the claim and you'd be in for a fight.

I've had a TP-LINK Kasa RGB LED Smart bulb burning outdoors next to my garage door, on a brick house since Dec. '22. It's on a schedule to come on at dusk and go off at dawn but during those times it changes colors every 2 hours from blue to green and back, as a tribute to LEO and to our military. Even though its outdoors and on a brick veneer, it's UL-listed. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.