Best setting so I don't get shadow triggers

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a tree in front of my house that casts shadows on my entrance wall. This creates tons of dummy triggers. I tried so many setting for my triggers, 1 zone, 2 zones, played with the size and still nothing works well. I've attached a file to show what it catches...

Attachments

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Try using zone crossing. There's a video in the video tutorial thread about how to configure the zones and crossings properly. I have a similar situation in my lower front yard and use zone crossing for shadows during the day and headlights at night. I've reduced false alerts by about two thirds and haven't really spent a lot of time "refining" things further.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I played with zones, just can't get it to stop triggering. Spent a few days trying will keep trying diff variations, we'll see...

I checked that video, didn't know I needed an extra zone to encompass all the others, but I still haven't found that ideal setting.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
It takes time and patience without question, especially with lots of multiple shadows that move with sunlight along with the wind.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
.............I checked that video, didn't know I needed an extra zone to encompass all the others, but I still haven't found that ideal setting.
You don't NEED an extra zone. I very successfully use zone crossing without any overlapping or extra zones. I believe this video is the only place you will find this recommended.

Reactions: Wen