Best settings for Sentry

Markles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really like what Sentry aims to do but it's been widely inconsistent for me. I've played with trigger and motion settings on multiple cameras for a few days but can't find a sweet spot. Has anyone else spent time fine-tuning things? If so, do you have any recommendations? Is there one parameter that seems more critical than others? I've emailed Sentry support but I imagine they're busy working with BI5 users right now. Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I really like what Sentry aims to do but it's been widely inconsistent for me. I've played with trigger and motion settings on multiple cameras for a few days but can't find a sweet spot. Has anyone else spent time fine-tuning things? If so, do you have any recommendations? Is there one parameter that seems more critical than others? I've emailed Sentry support but I imagine they're busy working with BI5 users right now. Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
The MAKEtime is the most critical value. That time specifies the frame from the clip that is sent to Sentry for processing. The default value of 1s works for most users. So if Sentry is missing people... go to the corresponding clip. Go to the frame usually 1.0 sec (MAKEtime) after the start of the clip and see if there is a person visible. If so and no alert was sent, then there is an issue. Reach out to support at support@smarthomesentry.com.

In case you have not already, please go through checklist to make sure BI settings are ideal: https://www.smartsentry.ai/enable-ai-on-blue-iris.

-- Sam from Sentry

Last edited: