Best setup for 15 cameras

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the 3050, as you mentioned above, you can have one 3.5-inch HDD or up to two 2.5-inch HDD/SSD and one M.2 PCIe SSD

So thus am I correct in that I would have one WD purple 6tb, and then one 256gb m.2 ssd?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the 3050, as you mentioned above, you can have one 3.5-inch HDD or up to two 2.5-inch HDD/SSD and one M.2 PCIe SSD

So thus am I correct in that I would have one WD purple 6tb, and then one 256gb m.2 ssd?
Correct, except that you could have either a 2.2-inch SSD or a M.2 PCIe SSD. The WD Purple would be installed in the single 3.5" drive bay. This is the same setup I run and it functions very well.

I believe that 3050 Mini Tower case is the same size case as my Optiplex 7040 MT, and that is a very quiet, very nice and very small case...the only downside is that there's not a lot of drive bays available.

In addition, if money is really no object then raise the SSD up to 500GGB

Also, when you trash the drive that comes with the unit and reinstall Windows 10 Professional on the SSD you should do a Win10 fresh install using the Microsoft Win10 Media creation tool and don't use the Win10 re-installation media that comes with the machine you bought.