Best software

5tango2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I’m looking for recommendations for good quality camera system that has easy to use software and video footage playback.

I used to have Nest and absolutely loved it until google took over. I sold those cameras and bought a IP based camera system that is powered by Ethernet. The nest cameras were so user friendly in that I could just scroll through the previous 5 days of footage and the faster I scrolled the faster the footage would play. It made it super easy to find something that happened. Nest also had the ability to skip ahead and back by 15 seconds while reviewing footage.

My current system does not have those features. It does have events you can click on to play footage from what it considers movement but there are so many false alerts it’s worthless. There is a timeline feature where you can scroll through the footage but it doesn’t play while scrolling, only when you stop and with all the false alerts again it’s worthless.

So my question is does anyone have experience with an IP camera system that has these user friendly features? Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

I'm not as articulate as some of the other members which I'm sure will chime in shortly but I'll say this:
Consider Blue Iris installed on a PC that is dedicated to Blue Iris and meets or exceeds the minimum hardware requirements AND has been optimized for the best performance.

Many here like NVR's but yours truly moved to BI 8 years ago and haven't looked back.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what is your current system ? manufacture and part numbers ?

The purpose of a surveillance system is to provide information to put the bad guys in jail. If it can not reliably ID the bad guy then you have wasted your time and money.

Save money do it right the frist time.