Best type of camera for this location?

jb007gd

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay! I found a blind spot in my setup that needs to be addressed immediately. ;-)

I'd like to add a camera in the location where the red dot is. Reason being, we get deliveries at the side door, and sometimes the deliverymen actually drop off packages in the area right behind the red dot, as there's a little alcove there.

I've been having GREAT luck with the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE eyeball camera. Both of the ones I currently have are mounted under a soffit and therefore have some protection from the elements.
Should I be fine to install a third camera here, even though it won't have a soffit to protect it?
I could consider adding protection above the camera, or perhaps there's a better type of camera (bullet style perhaps?) for this application?
Thank you!
2018-08-20_10.09.39.jpg

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would stick another eyeball camera there and be done. Use a siding block for proper mounting.

jb007gd

n3wb
Reaction score
I would stick another eyeball camera there and be done. Use a siding block for proper mounting.
@blake thank you for the tip about the mounting block. I had no idea they even existed.
If I'm understanding it correctly, it appears mounting blocks exist to provide a flat surface on an otherwise not-flat wall. So that should make my install look more professional. And I'll put it about 7 feet off the ground since I'm looking to capture faces with this one. Sweet. Thanks again!