best video

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is it unreasonable to expect the video to capture cars going about 25-30 mph and to expect to see every inch of the car going instead of a blip?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean by blip? Post a sample or screen shot.
What cameras are you using?

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I mean I see it in maybe two frames and it is gone. I want to be able to trace it, let's say I want to see if someone is giving me the finger when they drive by lol. Foscam h264 and I have highest bandwidth my ISP offers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Something is wrong..is the camera wireless? it seems like you are getting a low frame rate..
Show many fps is blue iris reporting?
Your isp bandwidth is irrelevant for this issue.

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes my cams and blue iris are set for 33 fps but in reality less than 1. What can I do? They are wireless cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the deal, wireless is very erratic, foscam wireless is even worse..You can try to change the channel on your router for better signal (use a free mobile app like wifi analyzer to find the least congested channels) You have two options, wire the cameras up or use powerline adapters which are more reliable than wireless. What router are you using? Something with more range might help...but if you want a solid connection, you need to wire it. Its not hard..you might want to hire a professional just to run the cable, it will save you lots of headaches..
If you just bought the foscam, return it..there are lots of better options.
Edit: i see you have another post about this issue, where you are using blue iris at a remote location. Have you tested the cameras locally to see what the frame rate is there?

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am recording at a remote location. Where the cams are the channel was changed. Wonder if I need to change the channel on the router where I am doing the recording?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you recording over wifi too? If so, test it wired. The only way to properly troubleshoot is to go down to the remote location and test it there....my bet is that the cameras have weak wifi reception and are only transmitting a few fps..

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wonder if I reduce the fps
And resolution on cams if that would help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe, but when you have an unreliable signal like that its never going to work right...you wont get the captures that you want/need.