Best Way to Batch-convert Clips?

aerostar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have a relatively special problem and I'm wondering if there's solution. I'm hoping one or more of you Blue Iris Gurus can help me out with it.

I have about two days worth of clips (with alerts) that I'd like to convert from BVR to a standard MP4 format. I'm aware that BI can do this for each clip/alert individually, but given the volume and number of clips in this case, it seems to me that would be an extremely tedious process. I am hoping there is a better way. Ideally I would like to batch convert the clips on a non live BI server machine, for speed and because I don't want to tie up the live server machine.

I've copied the relevant clips to fast storage, but I can't seem to load more than one clip at a time. I copied the database from the live server (where all the clips are showing in the clips listing pane) over to the PC I want to use for the conversion, and designated that database in the BI settings, but the clips/alerts aren't showing up (at least not on the time-expired version of BI that I'm attempting to use.

As it stands at the moment, I'm using UI3 to select the clips in batches and converting/exporting as needed, waiting for each clip file to transfer (from the NAS storage to the converting PC), process, then clicking save for each clip - not extremely tedious, but not a single operation either. I'm just wondering if there's a better way.

Thanks.