Best way to view a camera stream from one pc running BI web server on a separate pc running BI?

farmer9009

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I feel this is only slightly more than a simple installation of BI but the issue I am having warrants me asking some questions. I am thinking there is a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do.
I have been running BI at my house for years with multiple cameras streams and no issues. Then I started running BI at an apartment that I have no control over the internet connection. The apartment BI records 24-7 locally and also has the BI web server running on port 8081.
I want to view the apartment streams and record them on my home BI when there is motion. The thought behind this is if someone steals the apartment PC I will capture it on my home BI also.
Since I don’t have any control over the internet routing at the apartment I installed Hamachi and created a tunnel from the apartment PC to my home PC.
On my home BI I added a new camera stream to connect to the apartment BI server using the path: “rtsp:/Aparment_BI_Server_IP:8081/Cam1”
Make: Generic/ONVIF
Model:*RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Additionally in the setting for the Apartment BI Web server I have added my home IP address to the Limit IP address field. Login limits is set to 99. The Auto-ban IP option is unchecked. The release temp-ban is set to 1.
Everything works for about a day or two then for some reason the apartment BI web server will deny the home IP address. In addition to not letting BI connect it will not let Chrome or VLC connect from the home IP address either. During this time I can connect from other IP address with no problem. The only solution is to assign a new IP address to the home server and it will work for a day or two then eventually gets denied by the apartment BI server. It seems for some reason the apartment BI server is permanently rejecting the home BI IP address.
Both BI installations are Release 5.3.9.8 x64
Basically I need the best process to view a camera stream from one pc running a BI web server on a separate pc running BI.
Thanks for reading and any suggestions are appreciated.