Best WDR low light backlight camera

adamdylan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just looking for your differing opinions (some of the best reads are when people disagree) on the following :

Best WDR low light backlight killing camera for indoor use English firmware

1) Sub $100
2) Sub $150
3) Sub $500
4) In the world !

Required for dimly lit cafe coffee shop bar with fluctuating light

thanks for looking

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
For commercial use I would stick with Hikvision, but low light cams don't come cheap with those. If you want something at low cost I have my picks in the signature. Longse is great for indoor/outdoor and Huisun PTZ works best outdoors.

Back to commercial use. This would be my pick for indoor and low light with lots of detail, but that's ~$800

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_509_i5581.html

Same internals come in different flavors:

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_509.html (dome: 4K 1/1.7" sensor, 0.009 @F1.2)

They have 6MP & 2MP options as well which are slightly less costly, but still around $600

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_508.html (dome: 6MP 1/1.8" sensor, 0.01 @F1.2)

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_507.html (dome: 2MP 1/2.8" sensor, 0.005 @F1.2)

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_506.html (dome: 2MP 1/1.8" sensor, 0.002 @F1.2)

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is no mention of the lens just that it uses CS mount hence no lens. In general these type of cams sold without lens.
These are top choices but they won't be vandal proof or water resistant. Which seems ok for your requirements I think.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
someone reviewed the bosch starlight awhile ago and it performed well against the hikvision stuff albeit with a heftier price tag.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have contacted the ebay seller for the above model, they are offering it to the forum for $240 shipped DHL Chinese version with lens skype id is wi8com if anyone is interested.

Pretty good ratings on ebay, Also this model is not waterproof as mentioned in the auction, so one will need a housing or use indoors.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have contacted the ebay seller for the above model, they are offering it to the forum for $240 shipped DHL Chinese version with lens skype id is wi8com if anyone is interested.

Pretty good ratings on ebay, Also this model is not waterproof as mentioned in the auction, so one will need a housing or use indoors.
It's still a bad price. Under $200 on taobao, after using shipping forwarder.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's still a bad price. Under $200 on taobao, after using shipping forwarder.
I wouldn't use TaoBao as a pricing gauge, the 4mp Hiks can be found for $45 on there.

$240 Shipped DHL is not cheap but the cheapest I have seen the DS-2CD4026FWD offered, which has some awesome specs and the fact that you can throw on an upgraded lens makes this camera flexible and very hard to beat for various applications. Similar specs by competitors using 1/2" sensor at 60fps can go over $1000. I just got the Huisun Mini, if it dont work out for identifying subject at night time, the DS-2CD4026FWD will be next to try.

Throwing these specs in a PTZ would be the ultimate. Wonder if possible to throw a motorized lens on this cam. Anyone?

• 1/1.8” Progressive Scan CMOS
  • Full HD1080p video
  • Up to 60fps frame rate
  • Ultra-low light
  • Slow shutter
  • 120dB WDR
  • 3D DNR
  • -A: Auto Back Focus
  • -P: P-Iris
  • Audio/Alarm IO
  • Support 128G on-board storage
  • DC12V/AC24V/PoE

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wouldn't use TaoBao as a pricing gauge, the 4mp Hiks can be found for $45 on there.

$240 Shipped DHL is not cheap but the cheapest I have seen the DS-2CD4026FWD offered, which has some awesome specs and the fact that you can throw on an upgraded lens makes this camera flexible and very hard to beat for various applications. Similar specs by competitors using 1/2" sensor at 60fps can go over $1000. I just got the Huisun Mini, if it dont work out for identifying subject at night time, the DS-2CD4026FWD will be next to try.

Throwing these specs in a PTZ would be the ultimate. Wonder if possible to throw a motorized lens on this cam. Anyone?

• 1/1.8” Progressive Scan CMOS
  • Full HD1080p video
  • Up to 60fps frame rate
  • Ultra-low light
  • Slow shutter
  • 120dB WDR
  • 3D DNR
  • -A: Auto Back Focus
  • -P: P-Iris
  • Audio/Alarm IO
  • Support 128G on-board storage
  • DC12V/AC24V/PoE

I've bought cameras from taobao before and it's simple. Alot of the sellers there speak English and actually have aliexpress stores, but it always works out cheaper on taobao because of lower fees and it's more competitive. The only consideration is shipping cost. I use a shipping forwarder who gives me a Chinese address who then ships it to me. Fast delivery is approx $25 for first 0.5kg then $6 for every 0.5kg after.

Reactions: NVR