Best Wifi Extender(s)

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What's the latest and greatest to extend wifi signal? Preferably looking for something that someone already has experience with or has used with good results. Needs to be easy to do for the common folk. It's not for me, as I run Ruckus Unleashed, but for a non-techy friend. Our local internet provider has these "Pods" that you can plug in anywhere in your home to provide whole home wifi. Something like that would be great. Not sure if their provider has something like this, I am looking into it.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you run an Ethernet cable to mount another access point? That would be the best because extenders are not duplex meaning that the speed decreases.
Eh, not sure, the friend lives out of state and I doubt they would be able to do it.

stoneyc

n3wb
Reaction score
What's the latest and greatest to extend wifi signal? Preferably looking for something that someone already has experience with or has used with good results. Needs to be easy to do for the common folk. It's not for me, as I run Ruckus Unleashed, but for a non-techy friend. Our local internet provider has these "Pods" that you can plug in anywhere in your home to provide whole home wifi. Something like that would be great. Not sure if their provider has something like this, I am looking into it.
TP-Link - RE605X AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Range Extender i have had good luck with this one it is easy to setup to