Best Wireless LPR camera's

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That shot of the curve is looks very good, especially for the Z12E. Realize that if they are coming towards you and have no front plate, you will not get a plate at all. Realistically, one needs to monitor in both directions.
I am in New York, most of them have front plates.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A lot of vehicles manufactured don't have front plate holders/access. Hence you have to drill holes into the vehicle body itself.
Many people don't want to do that, or to have the dealership do that. I have a Lexus like that, no place to put the plate without drilling yourself. Nope, I'm not doing that.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Get a pair of Ubiquiti Nanostations. They are LAN radios, and have a good throughput and distance.

nano_radio.png

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In either location the trees may need trimmed a bit so that the infrared isn't bouncing off the leaves.
So I got the camera, and was wondering what Dahua setup I should pick. Was going to do the install today. Too much beer watching the Buffalo game. LOL

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I installed the camera and it works well. Just need to tweak when the trigger goes off I guess. Also, do I just need to use a JPG, or should I use both video and JPEGS? Not even sure I need to run it through Code Project.

Couple of shots from the corner.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should do better than that. Looks like you are use VBR instead of CBR? What is the bitrate?

If you can get the timing right to just do jpeg that is up to you, but most of us record 24/7 in the event the motion is missed due to the tight field of view.

Whether you run it thru code project is up to you. Many do not. Only real reason would be if you want to log the plates.

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It should do better than that. Looks like you are use VBR instead of CBR? What is the bitrate?

If you can get the timing right to just do jpeg that is up to you, but most of us record 24/7 in the event the motion is missed due to the tight field of view.

Whether you run it thru code project is up to you. Many do not. Only real reason would be if you want to log the plates.
Yeah, I haven't looked at the bitrate settings. Haven't checked out Code Project enough to know what it will do. I might want to find out the logging stuff. What's automatic in Code Project?

Thanks for the help.

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't looked at the bitrate settings. Haven't checked out Code Project enough to know what it will do. I might want to find out the logging stuff. What's automatic in Code Project?

Thanks for the help.
My bitrate is about 400 according to Blue Iris. I was in the camera by IP address, and it said it was doing CBR. Does BI see that, as I know when you record it uses BVR to save. Still testing what method works best to trigger and record.