BI 5 PTZ Joystick

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for a nice Joystick to use in BI now that I've got the Dahua SD49225T-HN 25X zoom PTZ.
Inked20190724_182729_LI.jpg 20190724_182738.jpg 20190723_000822.jpg

Last edited:

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice camera, that.
Yeah I love it. I'm just testing it while I'm waiting for some electrical work to get done where I'm installing it but after seeing what it can do just with the UI3 Web app I can't wait to put a joystick on it and see how cool it is then.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see a big range in price. I don't need the most expensive but id like one that works as well as the camera and Blue Iris for sure.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I have the above mentioned Dahua NKB1000 plugged in at my house and log into the UI3 web interface for all the systems I have setup can I use it though there as well or does it have to be on site of each system?

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would be interested to hear how people get on with PC based joysticks and BI. I tried a Xbox controller with BI4 and it was a bit hopeless really. Seemed to work much like a digital controller instead of analogue, so was super clunky. I assumed that this was because BI was unable to pass on analogue movements to a PTZ camera. I use a network Hikvision joystick now with my Hik cameras and it is much better and does work in an analogue way, so I would imagine a dedicated Dahua joystick will probably function much better for you, unless the controller code has dramatically improved in BI5

Pugnacious

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased a Thrustmaster USB caming joystick for about $20 hoping this would integrate with Blue Iris to control a HikVision DS 2DE2A404IW DE3 mini-dome PTZ camera. While BI seems to recognize the presence of the controller in the global joystick settings and I can see the properties and calibrate it, when I click the use USB DirectShow radio button in the camera PTZ setup tab, nothing happens. No movement or control. Anyone have any suggestions?