BI 5 Schedule Issues

bgm1911

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been attempting to setup Schedules for two profiles, and having no luck, the s/w is inconsistent in the way it responds from one function to the next:

• setting the time balloons sometimes works, mostly it doesn't
  • selected all days, then hitting OK, then going back and no changes are saved
  • selecting from the dropdown "profile to draw" doesn't change the display, it will still be the previous profile, even when closing the settings window and reopening

Is there a global setting somewhere that is preventing me from getting Schedules setup and retained?

Has anyone else experienced this non responsiveness?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been attempting to setup Schedules for two profiles, and having no luck, the s/w is inconsistent in the way it responds from one function to the next:

• setting the time balloons sometimes works, mostly it doesn't
  • selected all days, then hitting OK, then going back and no changes are saved
  • selecting from the dropdown "profile to draw" doesn't change the display, it will still be the previous profile, even when closing the settings window and reopening

Is there a global setting somewhere that is preventing me from getting Schedules setup and retained?

Has anyone else experienced this non responsiveness?
It is working as it should. The dropdown is not for selecting various profiles as in the other tabs, its simply for selecting which profile to draw. Same with the days selection.

bgm1911

n3wb
Reaction score
Can a faulty camera or BI be causing this? Cam 1 just went inactive. My main stream is .3 vs 4 MP at 0 fps, and I lost my sub stream.
Logging into the camera everything appears good.

I'm unable to make sense of the changes being made.

I'm using the setting for my only camera, and have "override global schedule" selected. "select profile to draw" is profile 1.

I'm unable to modify the days, ie. it is defaulting to today Wednesday. I select "days" and all days turn black. When I move the bubble, it's only moving the time for today, even the the draw goes through all days. While typing this, I found that there is 6 bubbles...I'm just not finding why the s/w is responding the way that it is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The software Is working properly read the help file to understand how to use those settings.

bgm1911

n3wb
Reaction score
Read the files, watched vids...

What I determined was that there has to be at least one profile that is set to 24/7, and that does not allow the use of setting times, even though the s/w allows you to draw them, they don't stay set.

The 2nd profile is based off of the first, and the times can be drawn in. My 24/7 profile #1 is all green. The 2nd profile is drawn in blue on top of the green.

If BI 5 provided the ability to go back and look at what schedules have been set for each profile, it would have made more sense to me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Read the files, watched vids...

What I determined was that there has to be at least one profile that is set to 24/7, and that does not allow the use of setting times, even though the s/w allows you to draw them, they don't stay set.

The 2nd profile is based off of the first, and the times can be drawn in. My 24/7 profile #1 is all green. The 2nd profile is drawn in blue on top of the green.

If BI 5 provided the ability to go back and look at what schedules have been set for each profile, it would have made more sense to me.
Again you are confused. Of course a profile (or inactive profile 0 must be set). That is common sense. Any second profile is not based on the first. You set those times independently. It is certainly saved. You are confused. The blue is not drawn on top of the green, its drawn in place of it. You last sentence doesnt make any sense and I think its a result of not understanding profiles.

bgm1911

n3wb
Reaction score
Again you are confused. Of course a profile (or inactive profile 0 must be set). That is common sense. Any second profile is not based on the first. You set those times independently. It is certainly saved. You are confused. The blue is not drawn on top of the green, its drawn in place of it. You last sentence doesnt make any sense and I think its a result of not understanding profiles.
I won't argue that I was confused, I did post asking a Q as opposed to providing an instructional post.

IRT my last sentence, if I go back into Schedules (global), by default it's showing Profile 1 on the dropdown- it's not showing Profile 1 I set to be be green 24/7, it's showing the last changes I made which was on Profile 2. If I click down through every profile (even though I haven't set them), they all show the profile 2 that was last changed.

Knowing how this s/w works and seeing what it's doing are two different things, especially for someone who's been using it for a week.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I won't argue that I was confused, I did post asking a Q as opposed to providing an instructional post.

IRT my last sentence, if I go back into Schedules (global), by default it's showing Profile 1 on the dropdown- it's not showing Profile 1 I set to be be green 24/7, it's showing the last changes I made which was on Profile 2. If I click down through every profile (even though I haven't set them), they all show the profile 2 that was last changed.

Knowing how this s/w works and seeing what it's doing are two different things, especially for someone who's been using it for a week.
Again, the profile dropdown is NOT used to select settings for that specific profile as in all other tabs, it ONLY affects which color to draw. Only one profile can be active at any given time in the global schedule - you have the option to override this on a per camera basis but again, only one profile at any given time PER camera. You need to read the help file again.