BI 5 shutting down at Friday midnight

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last two weeks I've had BI shut itself down at midnight on the Friday nights, no obvious reasons, just does it.

Running BI5 5.3.9.15 at the moment.

Also used to run BI tools, but have given up on them lately because they seem to be locking up

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The "at midnight on the Friday nights" sounds very much like some sort of a scheduled task to me.

Have you opened Windows Task Scheduler and examined "Task Status" and "Active Tasks"?

EDIT: or possibly a Windows 10 Update occurring after the "Active Hours" setting.

Last edited:

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The "at midnight on the Friday nights" sounds very much like some sort of a scheduled task to me.

Have you opened Windows Task Scheduler and examined "Task Status" and "Active Tasks"?

EDIT: or possibly a Windows 10 Update occurring after the "Active Hours" setting.
yeah, that's what I thought too, but can't find anything there to do so.

Windows 10 updates, not happening, as I've got it set to basically ask me first, and I'd run the updates manually myself.

If I had B I Tools working, (it's not working for me at the moment), it would have restarted BI for me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, that's what I thought too, but can't find anything there to do so.

Windows 10 updates, not happening, as I've got it set to basically ask me first, and I'd run the updates manually myself.

If I had B I Tools working, (it's not working for me at the moment), it would have restarted BI for me.
If you run as a service it will restart. When is your database set to compact?

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Database set to compact at 2am.

I'll try setting it up to run as a service then, and see how that goes.