BI access via VPN not working with iOS app

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been running Blue Iris for a year now and am just getting started in sorting out remote access to view the cameras when I'm not at home.

My plan is to use a VPN configured on my router, hook up my iPhone to this VPN and, when needed, I can access my BI server whilst away. It seemed like a good plan, and the VPN is working fine in that I can access all other devices on my network (NAS, printer etc.) without issue. I can even view my BI server across the VPN using the UI3 web interface in Safari on my iPhone.

However, I cannot use the BI app on my iPhone, it just says "Unable to make connection; check server address". Checking the server address, and it's the same as the one that is working for the UI3 interface when accessing via the VPN.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks! :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been running Blue Iris for a year now and am just getting started in sorting out remote access to view the cameras when I'm not at home.

My plan is to use a VPN configured on my router, hook up my iPhone to this VPN and, when needed, I can access my BI server whilst away. It seemed like a good plan, and the VPN is working fine in that I can access all other devices on my network (NAS, printer etc.) without issue. I can even view my BI server across the VPN using the UI3 web interface in Safari on my iPhone.

However, I cannot use the BI app on my iPhone, it just says "Unable to make connection; check server address". Checking the server address, and it's the same as the one that is working for the UI3 interface when accessing via the VPN.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks! :)
you must enter the lan ip into the wan box