BI Alert won't Fire

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the alert shown below will not fire eben though the motion event is triggered? If I leave the Required AI Object field blank it works fine.

2023-11-11 (3).jpg

According the the BI help file the Memo/Label field is what should be used in the Required AI object field. This is not working for me.
2023-11-11 (2).jpg

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
In the Action dialog, the 'Required AI objects' field should contain objects specific to the AI model(s) you are using. Like 'person,vehicle,dog'.

In the ONVIF events dialog, the 'Memo/label' field is alternative text for the usually lengthy string in the 'Contains' field.

Alert memos are limited to 35 characters. If the alert's memo is prefixed by the ONVIF label, e.g., 'RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed' (32 characters), then no room is left to display the objects. See the following link for examples.

It is for this reason that I use short entries in my most commonly used ONVIF 'Memo/label' entries.

My alert memos look like the following:
1699805586767.png

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the ONVIF events dialog, the 'Memo/label' field is alternative text for the usually lengthy string in the 'Contains' field.
This is part of the ONVIF Events Help describing the Memo field

Memo/label (optional) this will added to the alert memo in the database, and may
then be used as a “required AI object” for alert actions.
If left blank, a
combination of the contains and attribute fields for the event are used as
the alert memo.

I did exactly that. Within the ONVIF Events dialog (see above image), I changed the memo field from {EVENT} to TripWire. In the On Alert dialog, I added TripWire to the Required AI objects field.
When a TripWire event is triggered the BI log shows:

0 11/11/2023 12:43:00.452 PM Driveway ONVIF Event: TripWire
3 11/11/2023 12:43:00.463 PM Driveway ONVIF (TripWire)

I get recorded clip that is labelled ONVIF TripWire. But the OnAlert does not fire. No idea why not

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is part of the ONVIF Events Help describing the Memo field

Memo/label (optional) this will added to the alert memo in the database, and may
then be used as a “required AI object” for alert actions.
If left blank, a
combination of the contains and attribute fields for the event are used as
the alert memo.

I did exactly that. Within the ONVIF Events dialog (see above image), I changed the memo field from {EVENT} to TripWire. In the On Alert dialog, I added TripWire to the Required AI objects field.
When a TripWire event is triggered the BI log shows:

0 11/11/2023 12:43:00.452 PM Driveway ONVIF Event: TripWire
3 11/11/2023 12:43:00.463 PM Driveway ONVIF (TripWire)

I get recorded clip that is labelled ONVIF TripWire. But the OnAlert does not fire. No idea why not
Thanks for the Help PDF excerpt. I tried to search for it, but not hard enough apparently!
Good to know.