BI and DS-2CD2712F-I

Bestgear

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I was previously using a few of these Ds-2CD2712 domes with Geovision, which were working for years with zero issues.

The cameras were firmware updated at the point of installation and are running V5.1.0 build 131202.

I now want to use them with BlueIris, and have a problem in that they wont remain connected to BI - they connect, then disconnect immediately after showing an image, then they will connect again in a minute or so. They all do this.

I have tried setting them up as Hikvision in BI as well as generic onvif... and they all do the same. I have tried various paths too.... for primary and sub stream.

In some attempts, the secondary stream shows in status that it has connected and is streaming (witness the data flow) and the promary shows disconnected.

Any ideas?

Secondary to that, in an attempt to get them working, I cannot upgrade the firmware. I am using an old IE version with WebComponents installed (proven as it shows video live in the browser), but when doing the upgrade it states "Upgrading Failed" after a few seconds of trying. I cannot find any logs to show why.

The firmware I am trying to move to is "Baseline Firmware_IPC_R0 series_En_V5.2.0 140721" as I believe from an old 2018 thread on here - I have to walk forward version by version to reach todays latest release. I have tried to jump forward and it gives the same error.

Any ideas on that? They are UK cameras with CCW within the serial number.

I did wonder about following a "brick" recovery process but not as yet gone down that route....given that they do work perfectly on GV.

Any help is very much appreciated.

David