BI and Lorex DVR

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some background info...
First off, newbie to BI and IP cameras. Second there will be another post in a different section probably asking more newbie questions (you've been warned )
I currently have a Lorex 720p analog DVR system. Not a bad system but I was looking at upgrading to 1080p IP cameras. I downloaded Blue Iris and want to try it out by using it with my current setup. However, I cannot get it to pull the signal from the cameras connected to the DVR. I have the IP entered and it seems that BI finds it but I get no signal on the cameras. Anyone have some pointers they can share or point me in a direction?

Thanks!

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm successfully using BI with a Lorex LHV2000 system (1080p) by using the LHV1000 selection.

For your camera issue, from the camera config page, are you selecting the cameras number? For example, CAM 1 etc.

PS - Im working with BI to get the Lorex PTZ included in the supported cameras. :)

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you! The LHV1000 selection is the only one I didn't try. :)
Configured to use that and works perfect.

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! The LHV1000 selection is the only one I didn't try. :)
Configured to use that and works perfect.
My pleasure. Lorex does not simplify its package names etc. Gets confusing. :) Glad it helped.

BI_lorex

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am having a heck of time configuring Blue Iris to work with my Lorex LHV1000. Was working a few weeks ago, prior to a BI upgrade, but now seems impossible to get it going again. The web interface to the Lorex works fine through the browser, so I am pretty sure it's a Blue Iris issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am having a heck of time configuring Blue Iris to work with my Lorex LHV1000. Was working a few weeks ago, prior to a BI upgrade, but now seems impossible to get it going again. The web interface to the Lorex works fine through the browser, so I am pretty sure it's a Blue Iris issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have a screenshot of your camera properties? To lose all camera's, I would be more apt to think the Lorex DVR has been given a different IP address. Did you recently reboot your router etc? Perhaps the routers DHCP handed the Lorex a different IP and so now all the cameras are not addressed correctly in BI.

BI_lorex

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a screenshot of your camera properties? To lose all camera's, I would be more apt to think the Lorex DVR has been given a different IP address. Did you recently reboot your router etc? Perhaps the routers DHCP handed the Lorex a different IP and so now all the cameras are not addressed correctly in BI.
The IP is the same it's always been and it still works through the Lorex web app, so not an IP change. Screenshot attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
The IP is the same it's always been and it still works through the Lorex web app, so not an IP change. Screenshot attached.

Thanks.

Here's mine....did you change/forget the IPs port number?

For example: 192.168.1.109:8111

Capture.PNG