BI and Zmodo ZMD-DT-SCN8

joesmith

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can set up my BI to work with my standalone Zomodo ZMD-DT-SCN8

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure to that your using the correct port number, ip address, user name and password. Also try the zmodo options from the blue iris drop down menu.

joesmith

n3wb
Reaction score
so my IP{ address is the same but it auto fills :80 at the end for port 80 I assume
I try all the Zmodo drop downs with all the same settings, the one I have right now is Zmodo DVR DM-708

Http port 80
RTSP port 554

With this config I get a timeout error asking me to check my IP address and port
Should I use a diff port maybe??

Thanks for all your help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on your previous link try port 10554. You should be able to check your rtsp port by looking at the network settings on your dvr. You may also want to download ipcamviewer by robert chou on android or ios. The app has a very good scan feature and may give you a list of compatible DVR's, one of which blue iris supports.
also you may want to look here for suggestions
http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Zmodo

joesmith

n3wb
Reaction score
MY DVR setting read as follows
mobile Monitor 1:34599
UPNP 1
RTSP 1:554
Cloud Enable
FTP 0:FTP
IP filter 0: :0 :0

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems that your rtsp port is 554 not 10554

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
joesmith,
I'm a newbie to this forum but no stranger to BI, networking, DVR's, PC's, etc. Note that I did not say I'm an expert, but I have successfully used my Zmodo DVR, a model ZMD-DC-SBN6, with BI. Although it's been a month since your query, did you get your model working OK with BI?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Give this a try:
On the DVR setup menu, as in DVR manual page 42, put a check in the box to enable RTSP, insure port is '554' and click on 'OK'.
The manual for your model is here.

In Blue Iris, under 'Camera Properties', open tab 'Video', click on box 'Configure'.
In dropdown menu of various camera & DVR pre-configurations, select 'Zmodo ZH/ZMD/ZP RTSP port 10554'.
At top of menu change 'Media/video/RTSP port' from 10554' to '554'.
On upper right of page, type in 'User' and 'Password' as used to access the DVR.
At middle left of page, under 'Video', change camera # from '0' to any number from 1 to 8 which corresponds to the channel of the DVR where a camera is
plugged into a BNC connector.
Click on 'OK'.

Good luck!