BI connects using ethernet cable to Foscam FI9831P but can't connect via wifi

Pop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have finally figured out how to connect to my foscam cameras (FI9831P). I have also figured out how to access these cameras via BI via an Ethernet cable attached to the camera. Once I unplug the camera I can't access it via wifi. Please help. Thank you.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are able to access the camera with a web browser there should be a wireless section under the network settings. On the Foscams I used to have you could manually put in your wireless info or scan for wireless networks, choose yours and put in your password.

vertigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help, but I just struggled for a few hours setting up my foscams to work on wifi. I couldnt get it to work using either myfoscam or the android app. They would detect the camera, but after setting them for wifi, they just vanished from the network. The only thing that did work, was configuring them ethernet using myfoscam, then connect to the camera's own webinterface and set up wifi there, then reboot the cams.

Pop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll try these suggestions. It just seems when I was in the foscam settings, the wifi status was not connected. I thought by going into the wireless settings, connecting to my internet router username it would suffice - no luck. Thanks again. I'll keep trying.