BI Console Live View Stuttering / lagging

Reaction score
I built a dedicated box for BI. It has a 6700k. Currently running 12 hikvision cameras. 9 of them are 3mp and 3 are 4mp. For the longest time the live view was fine (prior to adding the 4mp cameras as well as prior to upgrading to a 4k monitor).

I have done significant troubleshooting however I cannot get the cameras to stop lagging, stuttering, skipping around. It seems they mostly do this when motion is detected and recorded. Sometimes there can be a delay of what is on the view and what happened as much as 10-15 seconds. Cpu usage of BI is typically around 70%. I have the 9 3mp cameras set to 4096 bitrate, all cameras at 15 fps and iframe matching. Direct to disk on all cameras. Recording on motion only. Object detection turned off. 2 second pre recording, 20mb buffer on the camera settings. I have a dedicated gtx 780 for the display and a dummy monitor connected to the onboard gpu for intel quicksync.

When the console is closed BI can run as low as 20% utilization. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'console'? The GUI of BI?

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is your Intel graphics driver version?

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will want 4664, any of the newer versions have caused issues. You might have had some forced Win updates overwriting your good driver