BI crashes when accessing streams with actiontiles through web server

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone come across this?

MY BI shuts down completely when I try to access the streams through actiontiles or even using a web browser. I am at a loss. It used to work before now it just kills BI. I am using it in actiontiles.. but same thing happens when i access this via web browser

The URL i try to access is
Here are my settings

1591292322937.png

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What version of Blue Iris? Do you have "Test run video throrgh motion detector" checked?

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am on the latest 5.2.9.7 which was released 2 days ago.

How is motion detection connected to web server crashes? Where would I find that setting?

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use the UI3 interface that much, but I know when that option is checked it has been crashing Blue Iris for me when ever I click to play a clip or an alert. I'm not sure what you mean by action tiles, I assumed you meant the clip/alert listing.

You can only uncheck that item when you are playing a clip or alert which makes it hard to uncheck if it keeps crashing. To uncheck it when they were crashing for me was hit or miss, I had to double click on an alert (lightning bolt in the timeline and try to right click to get the context menu up and uncheck it before the crash happened.

dragonian

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded to the latest version 5.2.9.7, and not using the web server, I also found that I if I was running with "Test run video throrgh motion detector" , alert clips would crash most of the time instantly. After a few tries, I was able to turn that off, and it is no longer crashing.

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't use the UI3 interface that much, but I know when that option is checked it has been crashing Blue Iris for me when ever I click to play a clip or an alert. I'm not sure what you mean by action tiles, I assumed you meant the clip/alert listing.

You can only uncheck that item when you are playing a clip or alert which makes it hard to uncheck if it keeps crashing. To uncheck it when they were crashing for me was hit or miss, I had to double click on an alert (lightning bolt in the timeline and try to right click to get the context menu up and uncheck it before the crash happened.
Actiontiles is a web interface for android and smart home stuff. Its pretty cool.

I have emailed blue iris support about this and hope to get a response on how to deal with it.