BI deleted camera still shows up in Home Assistant

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BI integrated to HA using MQTT. I deleted a broken camera a while back and it does not show in BI. However, it still shows as a device in Home assistant. I tried removing the BI integration from HA, then re-adding it, but it still shows up. It also says it is connected, but it does not show up on the router.
Is the camera in some kind of hidden file within BI? Any idea how to delete it? HA will only let me disable it.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@GaryK4 If your integration from BI to Home Assistant (HA) is MQTT, then use MQTT Explorer to inspect if BI is sending net-new msgs to HA: MQTT Explorer

Given the brief info you shared, something else, maybe another camera, is sending msgs to HA using the same MQTT topic (as the deleted camera). At minimum, delete the MQTT topic for deleted camera in MQTT and make sure no new msgs appear for that MQTT topic.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
In the config for the BI integration there's a reset checkbox. Try checking that to force it to reload the cams.

Also, if you go into Devices under the integration you should be able to disable it.

Last edited:

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@GaryK4 If your integration from BI to Home Assistant (HA) is MQTT, then use MQTT Explorer to inspect if BI is sending net-new msgs to HA: MQTT Explorer

Given the brief info you shared, something else, maybe another camera, is sending msgs to HA using the same MQTT topic (as the deleted camera). At minimum, delete the MQTT topic for deleted camera in MQTT and make sure no new msgs appear for that MQTT topic.
I installed and ran the explorer. Under BlueIris, it just shows (2) of (4) valid cameras and the the obsolete camera. Unfortunately, I do not se IP addresses that would help.
In Blue Iris I have Debug logging enabled, but I don't know where that log file is.

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the config for the BI integration there's a reset checkbox. Try checking that to force it to reload the cams.

Also, if you go into Devices under the integration you should be able to disable it.
I don't see the reset checkbox. However, I manually reloaded both Blue Iris and MQTT integrations a number of time as well as a full reboot.

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I installed and ran the explorer. Under BlueIris, it just shows (2) of (4) valid cameras and the the obsolete camera. Unfortunately, I do not se IP addresses that would help.
In Blue Iris I have Debug logging enabled, but I don't know where that log file is. On my router, I set IP's to manual
At the bottom here:

I tried this and it did not help.
Below that, there were attribute items. I unchecked the camera from there. That removes it from the device list (workaround). Still strange.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you delete the cam or just disable it? If the latter, then HA (and some other things) will continue to pick up and show the cam. If the former, might check the registry for BI and see if the entry for the cam is stuck there for whatever reason. I'm guessing that it's probably just stuck as an entry as a device in HA somewhere.

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

In Blue Iris I have Debug logging enabled, but I don't know where that log file is. On my router, I set IP's to manual
Did you delete the cam or just disable it? If the latter, then HA (and some other things) will continue to pick up and show the cam. If the former, might check the registry for BI and see if the entry for the cam is stuck there for whatever reason. I'm guessing that it's probably just stuck as an entry as a device in HA somewhere.
OK, It looks like I disabled it. I just looked in the desktop app and could not find and way to list all cameras. Then I tried the web app and that has a camera list menu item. From there, I can enable and unhide. From the desktop, I can not delete.
Thanks, problem solved!:)

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the cam needs to be displayed to delete. If disabled and not displayed, click on the layout edit box (pen in a box icon) at the top right of the main console screen. Will turn the background green. Right-click on the screen. Will display a pop-up menu with Show/Hide disabled cams. Show the disabled cams. Exit layout edit mode. Select the cam and right-click. Delete camera toward bottom of the menu.