BI/DS - Weird Notification issues?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just removed my AITools/DS docker install and went to the BI integrated one. Having a couple weird issues that I can't seem to resolve on notifications/alerts being sent to my phone so wondering if I have a setting off somewhere:

1. I am getting notifications for cancelled alerts. E.g., at night when a car comes into my subdivision and the headlights shine on my driveway, I get an alert sent to my BI App on my phone, and it clearly says "nothing found", and shows up as a cancelled alert in BI?

2. Even more odd. I get alerts to my BI app for stuff that happened hours, and in some cases, days ago. E.g., got an alert last night, and when I clicked on it, it was my and my wife walking down the side of my house on Saturday night (a week ago, before I even had set up DS in BI). 30 minutes ago I got an alert, and it was my parents coming to my door 14 hours ago.

Curious what I should be lookig for to hunt these down?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
1. Check the box in AI configuration for the camera that mentions "confirmed alerts only" which will be on the center left of the AI configuration window.

2. Sounds like delays by you ISP or mail provider. Check the BI log and see when the notifications were sent. I'll bet they've been sent when the alert occurred.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, in this config?

1663433658547.png

I think I may have found the issue, when setting alerts, I've set them up under the Immediate Alerts tab here:

1663433742648.png

Instead of the "Alerts" tab as I was getting duplicate alerts. Is that maybe causing the issue?

That is, maybe I shouldn't have the Immediate Actions section set up and just the On Alert section in the Alerts tab?

As for the ISP, I don't think that's it, as I already received those alerts when they happened (before I moved over to DS on BI and instead was using AI Tools. Will see if they continue or if maybe as you say the ISP was flushing some old emails.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I use on alerts and push notifications just for the redundancy, when one is slow the other might be faster is my logic.

Again, have a look at the BI log and see when the alerts are sent versus when the alert occurs. I'm sure you'll see they are within seconds of each other at most.