Bi for monitoring and triggering only - Is there a better option?

jwoodard80

n3wb
Reaction score
I really like the idea of the trigger zones and would like to integrate this idea into my home automation system. Currently, however, I have a Dahua NVR with dual 4TB drives and multiple SmartPSS installs for viewing so I don't want to replace the NVR. Is there any other software that anyone has used that can send some kind of actionable alert (IE: mqtt) based on multi-zone type motion?

If the best option is to purchase software then so be it but I would like to simply ask first.

If I did by Bi, does it change the hardware requirements since I wouldn't be recording?

Forgive me if it comes off cheap, I don't mean to. I just don't want to buy a 747 to get free peanuts. :)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Might be worth checking to see if your HA system has any plugins that can subscribe to PullPoint on ONVIF cameras, that'd let them detect when the camera senses an alert. Not sure the camera itself is specific down to the zone when something happens, though.

I can't find the threads at the moment, but there are one or two toolkits (node.js?) folks have written that will monitor the cameras for alerts.