BI help file, help

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been missing the index for the help file for a bit now. I tried a bunch of stuff to get it back but no dice. Is there a way to get it back?

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's kinda what I'm looking for. The help file used to have a table of contents on the left side that you could click on a section and it would bring you right to it. It would also lightly highlight the section you were in as you were scrolling down. I remember clicking on something and it disappeared.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's kinda what I'm looking for. The help file used to have a table of contents on the left side that you could click on a section and it would bring you right to it. It would also lightly highlight the section you were in as you were scrolling down. I remember clicking on something and it disappeared.
That's still embedded in the PDF, but you need to enable it in whatever PDF viewer software you're using. Blue Iris comes with Sumatra PDF, so if you're using that you can view bookmarks by going to the "hamburger" menu > View > Bookmarks:

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.20.12 AM.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Note, that the PDF file from that link is behind the times, compared to the one that gets installed with BI.
The update notes are from April.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Note, that the PDF file from that link is behind the times, compared to the one that gets installed with BI.
The update notes are from April.
Good catch, thanks @looney2ns I didn't notice that.

It seems like it should be automatically updated with each release. I'll email support and ask if that's possible.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good catch, thanks @looney2ns I didn't notice that.

It seems like it should be automatically updated with each release. I'll email support and ask if that's possible.
It's simple to find in the blue iris install directory each time.
Create a short cut on your desktop to it, if you don't want to open BI just to read the file.