BI: How to cut short (very) section of BVR clip?

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to extract a 10 second section from a BVR file to email to a friend. I have tried convert/export but when I bring in the green and red triangles as close as possible to the start and stop times, the triangles overlap and are no longer individually visible. When I actually click OK to the convert/export dialog it doesn't create a file. I have used this exact config (Output format: AVI, no other options checked, and "Overwrite?" set to "create a new file") to export other longer clips. Is there any other way to get that small of a clip extracted from a larger BVR file? Maybe just take a larger sample and find an AVI editor to slice it down? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't edit BI video often but in the past I've used Microsoft Movie Maker...and it was free. It worked well and it's hard to argue with free.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I have done in the past is extract a larger AVI than I wanted. Then open it back up in BlueIris and cut and extract the smaller section that I want. The one issue is that after the first AVI is extracted it does not show up under the Clips list, so I repair/Regenerate the database and then I can find the AVI and open it for further cutting and extraction.