BI - HTTP:401Unauthorized after hard power cycle

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good morning. Anybody know of a solution other than using the camera watchdog to repetitively restart the camera in BI after getting this error? This is frequently occurring after Axis M1045-LW gets hard power cycled, relocated, etc. The camera boots back up and joins the network. But its almost like BI tries to connect to it too fast and is denied access, and then never tries again. Enabling the watchdog is a workaround, but I was wondering if anybody knew the cause or how to fix. I've never experienced this with any of my Daha cameras. Thanks for any suggestions!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under the cam's 'watchdog' tab, down near the bottom is a button entitled 'On loss of signal', it's greyed out unless 'fire alerts after' is checked; I'm thinking, that 'on loss of signal' you could perform an action set called 'wait' . Set the wait ('Continue when') period longer than it takes the cam to be available on the network after being power cycled.

However, the max setting is '60000' so that's only 1 minute.....is the Axis back online within a minute?

Last edited:

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Under the cam's 'watchdog' tab, down near the bottom is a button entitled 'On loss of signal', it's greyed out unless 'fire alerts after' is checked; I'm thinking, that 'on loss of signal' you could perform an action set called 'wait' . Set the wait ('Continue when') period longer than it takes the cam to be available on the network after being power cycled.

However, the max setting is '60000' so that's only 1 minute.....is the Axis back online within a minute?
It could be any random amount of time. Very peculiar use situation. I think the watchdog reboot is going to work the more I mess with it. The color bars every time it tries to reboot dont appear in the web interface so the watchdog restart really isnt that invasive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bump. Anybody else had this? Basically I need to make sure that when these cameras are plugged back in (could be days) BI automagically starts working again. Without this watchdog restart the cams will sometimes get stuck on http:401 unauthorized which will only go away after resetting the camera in BI. I thought the watchdog would be an acceptable work around but a symptom caused by the watchdog is that UI3 is showing me the below every single time a camera restarts (multiple with this scenario). Even though if the effected resetting cameras aren't in the camera group that user has permission to view their webUI shows this every time the camera reboots. Almost as if BI sends a Webserver reset command after a camera reset so that any camera changes are reflected in the web UI.

Attachments