BI Immediate FTP

fleetmack

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several cams on BI and have FTP set up to send files to my domain's hosting account (which has unlimited storage). Currently I have each video file set to break every hour, then it gets marked for FTP, and gets uploaded to my domain at a later time. I have a cron job set up on my domain server to run every day and delete files that are 14 days or older. So basically, I have files stored on my at-home server that have the retention built into my BI settings (150gb), and I have a 14 day retention set up on my domain, so I can download the videos if I need to see anything.

So here's my problem: my videos don't get FTP'd to my domain until they are ready to be deleted as the 150gb is deleted. So - say someone breaks into my house and steals my server, I will not have the videos of them breaking into my house!

I'd like to get the videos uploaded to the FTP site immediately upon the file switch. (when the video cuts over to a new file). I'm thinking I could simply break the files every minute (instead of every hour) and make the space on my at-home server something tiny, like 50MB, but then I'd be uploading continually the whole day.

Does anyone know how I can get the files to FTP as soon as they are fully written?