BI locks up when viewing alert clip when the alert happend almost at the top of the hour

Rob.no

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am testing Blue Iris and I am running into a problem.

I have 1 cam setup at the moment, recording continuously (1 hour clips) and setup with alert on movement.

I have had sever movement alerts right around the full hour mark that play and stop before the timer at the bottom of the playback screen runs to 00:00:00
When this happens I can not close the playback window, the software hangs, the only way to get out of it is to end the process, but when I go back into the BI console it says that it is already running and I have to kill BI in the task manager.
Sometimes I need to reboot my server as I can not get to the task manager

I have BI installed as service

I hope you can give me some tips where to start looking to solve this.

Planning to expand the number of cams to 8

--
RobIMG_0458.jpg IMG_0456.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am testing Blue Iris and I am running into a problem.

I have 1 cam setup at the moment, recording continuously (1 hour clips) and setup with alert on movement.

I have had sever movement alerts right around the full hour mark that play and stop before the timer at the bottom of the playback screen runs to 00:00:00
When this happens I can not close the playback window, the software hangs, the only way to get out of it is to end the process, but when I go back into the BI console it says that it is already running and I have to kill BI in the task manager.
Sometimes I need to reboot my server as I can not get to the task manager

I have BI installed as service

I hope you can give me some tips where to start looking to solve this.

Planning to expand the number of cams to 8

--
RobView attachment 45026 View attachment 45027
try the latest update