BI lost connection to IP Camera.

Reaction score
Hi all.

Firstly, many thanks for all the help in my previous and first post.

Secondly, I have started to have to restart BI server as it looses connection to the camera.

Error reads;

No signal
Error: 8000274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0

Anybody had this issue in the past and what made it better?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Albert

P.S: I have just established that I can still control the camera pan & tilt on the BI server. I was logged on directly to the camera's own web server and could see image moving as I was pan/tilting on BI. So it is just the video I am loosing.

Reaction score
Hi.
The camera is a Foscam FI9826W.
It has worked fine for a few days and also no changes have been made to the server.
Thank you.
Albert

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
See if you can get a firmware upgrade for the camera. Also check your watchdog settings in BI for that camera, as this should not require you to restart BI to get the video back.

Reaction score
See if you can get a firmware upgrade for the camera. Also check your watchdog settings in BI for that camera, as this should not require you to restart BI to get the video back.
I have been through the watchdog feature which I must say is quite nice.

I am trying now to have text sent out to my O2 phone in the UK but with no success yet.

The e-mail is fine and gets sent out but it would be nice if I could get the txt too.

I need to explore this software to its full potential before buying.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,
Albert

Reaction score
Read this tread http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1190-SMS-sending-not-working&highlight=text
You need to have your cellular provider assign an email address to the account, this is standard in the US but not other countries.
Hi.

I have been with O2 customer support here in the UK and I was advised that they stopped email services from November last year.

Is there and alternative FREE solution to receiving free text alerts from BI?

Remains to be seen.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that i am aware of, its a defect in your carrier not blue iris...better then text is using the blue iris app and getting push notifications....or just use email...set up a separate gmail account just to receive messages...will be much better than text..

Reaction score
In the past we did do had an e-mail with O2 like mobilenumber@o2.co.uk but this has been confirmed not to be the case any more.

The reason I wanted receiving texts is due to data allowance which at the moment I only have 500MB.

On a normal month I don't even use 100MB to be honest but with this app testing I am down to my last 19MB of data allowance.

I'll have to have a look at the push notifications or if anything then an e-mail.

If I stay away from constantly accessing the camera via the app, I should be fine for data for emails.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Albert