BI not recording after power loss/services running

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I did a test and wanted to make sure BI was in fact recording motion in the event of a power failure after the PC reboots itself. Nada... I pulled the power from the PC waited a minute and connected the power cord back up (simulating power failure). Once back to the log in screen I went and made some obscene gestures at my camera, then logged into the machine. Not only was there not a recording but I didn't have any signal from my cameras. I could log directly into them but BI no dice. I did a system restart (gently) and back to the login screen I made more obscene gestures but worse in nature this time. Logged into my machine and BI had signal from the cameras but still no recording.

This has confused me from the beginning because I know of other services that do not run when not logged in but was under the impression this did run (was told so)??? Maybe, perhaps not. I'm still running the demo mode simply for that reason.

Oh, I also set the pre-trigger to 10 seconds I believe but I can be clearly in a room or a car half way down the street before recording starts. Did I miss something here too?

Sorry, two part question thread. I'm trying to get this like my Ronco Rotisserie so I can set it and forget it.

Thanks

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the above information? I looked through the help section but all I saw was "enable services". The only way I can think of a work around is to run BI under a non-admin account in windows that doesn't require a login password. But that kind of defeats the purpose. Disable one security feature to enable another.

I figured out the pre-trigger.