BI Offline Update not working?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using BI 5 on an internetless vlan. I downloaded the BI update (update64.exe) from the website, i run the update but nothing seems to change. The version number changes but nothing else.

I dont seem to have the areas for the stream/substream.

Not sure if this is due to upgrading from BI4 to BI5 but I am a bit confused. Is there a way to update BI5 to the latest patch while being offline?

Thanks,
Rich

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
a screen shot of the BI setting about tab. Black out the license key, name and email.

What folder is the update.exe file in ?

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I understand he has downloaded an update file and is running it, does it matter what folder it is run from?

Where did you download the update from?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
c:\programdata\blue iris\temp\update.exe

Just did an update from the above location and file for 5.3.3.11. did not test it off line.

When you click the update file do you get a BI update screen popup ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The place to see the main/substream settings are in the camera settings location. Have you looked there? You will need to manually add in the substream parameters for it to work.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I still ask where did you download the update file from as his BI PC is not connected to the internet therefore won’t be able to download any updates.

You need to validate that what you have downloaded is the latest update for BI.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can right click on the exe file, select properties, then the Details tab to check the version of the exe file:
FileProperties.jpg

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi - I am using a laptop to download the file, then a usb stick to plug it into the BI Server. The update64.exe is changing the file date on the server but not the version. It says 5.2.6.5 but has a date of 11/04/2020. I guess the BI server needs to connect to the internet in order to get a current download?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the exact URL you are using for the download ?
Try shutting down BI before the install
Make sure you have the correct file on the USB, Delete the file from the usb before coping.
Also copy the file from the USB on to the BI machine before installing, do not install for the USB directly

Try down loading it for here

Last edited: