BI pre-trigger time

Dale C

n3wb
Reaction score
I can no longer set my per-trigger time to 2 seconds. No matter what I change it to, BI changes it back to 5 seconds. Is this something new?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, changed in a recent version to a minimum of 5 seconds. Not sure why. I generally used less too. 5 seems too long to me in most cases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
this version has normal pre-trigger adjustments. The camera I checked is set to 14 sec. But I'm strange like that.
Learned a thing or two with criminals at the condo with short pretrigger times in certain circumstances.
1687406538354.png

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a few cameras that have crazy pre-trigger times. As an example, this morning, I have an alert that shows 8:05:48 but when I click on the alert it starts at 8:05:08. Same cam had one at 8:04:46 but starts pre-trigger at 8.02:07. :banghead:
Any suggestions?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
In the help section it states: "The pre-trigger record time applies only to the when triggered or when alerted recordings. In my case all my cams are continuous record and when I play my alert clips they are exactly 2 seconds before trigger. Of course this may not be your scenario but for those who use continuous record it's not really an issue.

83.jpg

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the help section it states: "The pre-trigger record time applies only to the when triggered or when alerted recordings. In my case all my cams are continuous record and when I play my alert clips they are exactly 2 seconds before trigger. Of course this may not be your scenario but for those who use continuous record it's not really an issue.

View attachment 166001
I don't have " Fully include with alert" checked. Still have only a few cams out of 12 that have this issue.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got an email from Tim about this a few weeks ago. It was changed for when using dual streams. Uncheck include fully with alert is the fix.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I cannot set mine less than 5 seconds either and when I uncheck the box it comes right back on. I have also unchecked "Fully playback with alert" to no avail as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a feature in the recent updates you need? If not rollback to before this was implemented.

Most of us are not running the most recent releases

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this 5 second rule still in effect on newer releases? I am on 5.7.9.12 and this is really irritating me, thinking of reverting back to where I was unless it was changed in a newer release.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this 5 second rule still in effect on newer releases? I am on 5.7.9.12 and this is really irritating me, thinking of reverting back to where I was unless it was changed in a newer release.
Just uncheck "playback fully with alert" so you don't have to wait for the action to start when going thru your alerts. It's still a thing, but I've honestly forgot about it. Unchecking that box solves the annoyance.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Just uncheck "playback fully with alert" so you don't have to wait for the action to start when going thru your alerts. It's still a thing, but I've honestly forgot about it. Unchecking that box solves the annoyance.
I have tried unchecking, even unchecking pre-trigger record time. When camera restarts the pre-trigger record time is checked again. Maybe I'm missing something but I have not been able to get anything less than 5 seconds.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried unchecking, even unchecking pre-trigger record time. When camera restarts the pre-trigger record time is checked again. Maybe I'm missing something but I have not been able to get anything less than 5 seconds.
Leave that pre-trigger record time as is, but uncheck "playback fully with alert" just to the right of the pre-trigger. It will still record the pre trigger but when you play clips from your alerts list you don't have to wait that 5 seconds to see what motion happened, etc.

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem with unchecking "Playback fully with alert" arises when analyzing with motion detector. The motion sensor rectangles should take 3 seconds to show up when you start playback according to the help files, but I've found out that it's more like 6 seconds. It's always been that way.
I'd rather keep "Playback fully with alert" checked and not have to go back 6 seconds when testing motion detection, which I do quite often.