removed here
by a drop-attachements-
by-f

Any idea?

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
many mail to sms bridges wont convert image attachments to MMS, so it would be your mobile provider that's the problem..

MMS messages dont have the delivery priority that SMS does, the 'SMS Text Message' is more for low bandwidth alerts.. so you can get notified as long as you can get a signal, even momentary without data.

I use SMS alerts because I travel and play in the Mountains alot, mobile coverage is minimal and I might only get a signal for a brief few moments.. but thats all I need for a couple SMS messages to get through... mms messages will just sit there until I get a data signal before being received, id rather not have imagery as the whole point is to avoid the need for a data capable mobile connection.

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow! Very fast reply @nayr… less 1 minute…

Thanks for your explanation this-is make sense, I will stop to try to adjust my setting into my iPhone and BI.

Anyway I have the BI mobile application already installed and this work great.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive got my notifications sending images to my self via email, then I have a filter setup to catalog them all and mark as read and forward to my phone via SMS.. when I get a SMS Alert, if I have data access and I am curious to see what was shown I can pull open my email and in a few clicks see the associated capture.

gmail lets you do aliases, so I have myemailaddress+smspager@gmail.com setup this way, everything going to it sms's me and goes into a folder so I can view attachments.