BI Tools backup not working

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I click options/backup from the BI tools interface you get two options. Backupup BI tools settings or BI server/camera settings.

When I do the tools backup a file called settings.ini gets updated/created in the folder specified. However if I choose BI Server/Cameras nothing ever happens. Choosing the same folder I back up the BItools to. The popup says successful and if I turn on the logs the log says successful also. Searched my drives for a backup file of that name (just in case it went somewhere else) and can't find it. Thoughts?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I just tested it and it works fine ?

bit.JPG

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tested it and it works fine ?

View attachment 25902
That's good and bad I guess. That's exactly what I expected to see. At first I was thinking folder permission problem...but the settings.ini writes just fine. Thanks for testing that.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
That's good and bad I guess. That's exactly what I expected to see. At first I was thinking folder permission problem...but the settings.ini writes just fine. Thanks for testing that.
no problem...should add I am running BIT 1.1.4

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you close BIT and right click / run as administrator and see if that helps, please?

Thanks for the bug report.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you close BIT and right click / run as administrator and see if that helps, please?

Thanks for the bug report.
I just did that. Same result. I also tried different folders for the backup with the same results. No backup. I also did an "export" from BI itself into the same folder and that worked fine.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you try backing up to your desktop or a diff folder?

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Duh...yep that is the BI Tools number

BI is: 4.6.9.2 x64

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
You probably already tried this too, but maybe try uninstalling BIT and install a fresh copy ?

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
After reading this thread, I discovered that that I'm having the same issues as the OP. I tired the same things to to resolve it to no avail. I'm running BI 4.6.3.0 x64 and BI Tools 1.1.4 (although when I look at the version number of BIT under Properties>Details, it shows version 1.1.0.4). Also, when I looked back at the camera settings files that I had previously backed up with BITools, the last one was dated Feb 4 2017. I don't know if that helps track down this issue.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm now running BIT 1.1.7 and still having the issue of it not backing up the cameras or BI settings.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you manually clicked on the backup button?
Yes, I think that is the only way to do it.

BI Tools>Options>Backup>Backup Blue Iris Settings / Cameras>Export BI Settings / Cameras

BI Tools says that has been successfully backed up, but when I navigate to the default folder where it backed up the settings (C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris Tools\backup) no new file exists. Also, I have almost 30 cameras and the backup procedure only lasts a few milliseconds which I know has to be wrong. It would take a couple seconds at least to backup all the Blue Iris settings and cameras.

I think alot of people using BI Tools run the backup and just assume that it has backed up the BI settings / cameras properly because of the "Back Up Successful!" verification window that pops up.

Go check your backup folder now and see if yours is backing up the Blue Iris settings and cameras.

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I think that is the only way to do it.

BI Tools>Options>Backup>Backup Blue Iris Settings / Cameras>Export BI Settings / Cameras

BI Tools says that has been successfully backed up, but when I navigate to the default folder where it backed up the settings (C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris Tools\backup) no new file exists. Also, I have almost 30 cameras and the backup procedure only lasts a few milliseconds which I know has to be wrong. It would take a couple seconds at least to backup all the Blue Iris settings and cameras.

I think alot of people using BI Tools run the backup and just assume that it has backed up the BI settings / cameras properly because of the "Back Up Successful!" verification window that pops up.

Go check your backup folder now and see if yours is backing up the Blue Iris settings and cameras.

You are correct....it says backed up, but when I look at file it isn't.

Attachments