BI tools interfering w/ BI Updates

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been using BI Tool for the past few months, and all has been going well. With past 3-4 BI updates though, I noticed that updates won't work since BI will get stuck when the updater tries to close BI.

Specifically I have to quit Blue Iris Tool and Kill BI, reopen BI (without BI tools open) then run update for the update to work.

Is this a known issue?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting, this is not a known issue. Can I connect to your computer to see for myself to figure out how to fix it?

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting, this is not a known issue. Can I connect to your computer to see for myself to figure out how to fix it?
I am not near it too much, and with all due respect, I'd like to be watching while you work on it.
That said, what do I need to do . . . and are there any logs I can send you in the meantime?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not near it too much, and with all due respect, I'd like to be watching while you work on it.
That said, what do I need to do . . . and are there any logs I can send you in the meantime?
Logs wont say much. When you are available shoot me a PM so I can remote in. Otherwise I have no way of figuring this out.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This has been occurring for a while now. I merely disable the watchdog perform the update and re-enable the watchdog.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm updating as I write this. I've been completely shutting down BIT first (it still takes me 2-4 times to update BI). This time, I just tried merely disabling Watchdog. Same same. I have to end the BI task in Task Manager (see attached pic as to the error message), restart BI, and update again. I can still count on it taking 2-4 times (today was 2). So... not a BIT issue...

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I updated BIT when the last update came out, a few months back I think that was. I haven't had a problem running updates to BI. The actual behavior of the updates has changed but I think that's a result of V5.x more than BIT. I could certainly be wrong and be an exception though. When updating it does seem to stay on the "Stopping Service" prompt longer than it used to, but that's the only difference I see.