BI Tools; list of variables?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a comprehensive list of all of the variables that can be used in Blue Iris Tools?
I looked around in the app and searched here but came up empty.
I'd like to add solar UV and solar radiation but I'd also like to see all of the variables list anyway.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think you are looking for ‘macros’

A comprehensive list appears in the ‘Timecode and other macros’ section in ‘Alerts & actions’ chapter in the help PDF (EDIT: Blue Iris app, Question mark icon).

Custom macros may also be defined using HTTP interface command /admin?macro=x&text={text}, which sets macro number x=1-999 to value {text}.

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you are looking for ‘macros’

A comprehensive list appears in the ‘Timecode and other macros’ section in ‘Alert& actions’ chapter in the help PDF.

Custom macros may also be defined using HTTP interface command /admin?macro=x&text={text}, which sets macro number x=1-999 to value {text}.
Yes, probably macros. I want to add UV and Solar radiation now that I have the sensors.
I looked at every button and under every menu tab in BI tools, didn't see a help PDF.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, probably macros. I want to add UV and Solar radiation now that I have the sensors.
I looked at every button and under every menu tab in BI tools, didn't see a help PDF.
ahhh, but your reply made me look closer at another location in BI Tools, under the macros, so I found what I need. Thanks!

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh. I wouldn't have expected it there. Thanks.
Ahh yes, the good 'ol days when you'd press 'f1' for help, only to be presented with a window that merely states: "pressing 'f1' will show help content". Many programs have improved their "help" content since then, but I still find myself thinking of it after the fact because of all the previous experiences with it failing to deliver anything.

ahhh, but your reply made me look closer at another location in BI Tools, under the macros, so I found what I need. Thanks!
Consider posting a bit more details on where you found the info you desired. It will be useful for others who visit IPCT