BI UI3 Everywhere

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Years before I got into security cameras I had toured other houses and really liked the various different systems that displayed live streams of their cameras throughout the interior of the house. It seemed so fancy as well as handy. Control 4 seemed pretty cool, but so expensive! Not in any way saying that Control 4 competes in anyway with BI. I just liked how it would pipe images around to all the control modules. There are other systems of course, but all pretty expensive. So I had that approach in mind as I built out my current system with BI. I think to some degree I have replicated their cool appearance factor for substantially less. Nothing special and it took a while to get the tablets, but I really like being able to see the outside cameras as I walk around.

I do have the app and it is very convenient. I also connect via Chrome/Safari for more in depth research when either on my phone or PC. My wife prefers the app by far.

Anyway, here are some pics of the three tables that I have setup. They are all dedicated to displaying BI UI and BI UI only. As I walk around the house, I can see what is going on all time. My wife likes/uses the setup as well. They run BI UI 24/7. Just having fun!

This was my first setup - an old 9.5 inch Android tablet. It is plugged into the wall for power (USB-A).
It connects via wi-fi and sits in my office.
I got it off Craig's list about 6 years ago for super cheap. It has been running BI UI non-stop for about 11 months:
Office.jpg
This was the second one I setup, my wife's old 9.5 inch Apple tablet. You can see the power cord, it connects via wi-fi.
This one is in the kitchen:
KitchenCounter.png
This is an 11 inch Apple tablet next to the front door. I tried wi-fi only, but the UI would desynchronize too often.
So to hard patch it, I got an adaptor which provides both power and data over the Cat5 cable (POE + data) to the USB-C jack.
I mounted it right next to the front door (our door is opaque, so you cannot see anything on the outside of the door):
FrontDoo.jpg

sone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep same here. Ui3 EVERYWHERE. I even have an old MacBook that was dumped years ago with a cracked semi dead screen running behind an entertainment center mirroring on a large external monitor flashing any triggered motions in full display. Loving BI!