BI v5 Video smear issues

Marshall

n3wb
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to v5, it looks like a lot of my cameras are showing like a dragged line of movement. still images are fine, but people walking or cars moving are smeared. It's almost like it's an I Frame setting but it didnt do it before, nor does it appear on the NVR. I also tried changing the I frame with no luck. Thoughts? Image attached of what it looks like.

Attachments

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've noticed that CONSTANT, rather then Variable Bit Rate, helps when enabling Hardware Acceleration

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you running the BI PC headless ? If so that is the cause of the problem
Until recently I've never heard that the GPU would go unused unless there was an active monitor (or fake display emulator) was connected to the system.

Disabling power management for the graphics card and display, my BI system appears to make use of the GPU.

1579499805829.png

1579499841360.png

Is there description somewhere that explains the technical reasons why there must be an active monitor?

thx

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have no idea why there needs to be a monitor for the card to work as a graphics processor. It is just knowledge picked up reading, but no explanation.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Must be related to power management on some hardware or even newer hardware. Maybe it detects no monitor so switch the bits of the vid card off?