BI Video Network IP Camera Config settings for the 5442 and motion sensor questions

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have been working on my camera settings and I noticed under the network config that BI sees my 5442 as a Generic/ONVIF and the model option it choose was the RTSP H.264/h.265/MJPG/MPEG4. This is the window you open under the BI "Camera Settings>Video Tab>Config Button"

So now I assume under the video section of this window I need to build my Main stream and sub stream and the desired params I want? or are those built and populated based on the various settings I tweak in the 5442 Camera GUI?

The reason I ask is I have been working on my BI alerts and Camera motion sensor triggers and alerts. Based on my reading I should set up the Camera GUI settings first and not set any of the zones in BI correct?
But do I got lost on do I check "motion sensor" in the "trigger" tab and leave "motion zones" unchecked in the "alerts" tab as long as I have "Extern" and "ONVIF" checked? And I do the same under "email alert" properties under "actions"? Right now I don't use the phone apps for BI alerts, I just do email alerts. Instead of the phone app I thinking about going the VPN route.

I am wondering if the params not being right might be why my BI camera view is not updating the ROI I set at the camera in BI live view. BI seems stuck on the one I set messing around within it.

One more question I using h.265 with VBR for bit rate type, should I get overly hung up on the max bit rate? I currently set it to 4096, but as I understand it the VBR will vary but not go over the max of 4096 correct? I have yet to see what the point of i frame, is it that suttle that it is hard to see a difference in changing this?

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hm I manage to break the alerts. All I did was disable BI motion and zones.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I forgot to turn SMD back on in the Camera GUI.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK So I think I finally have it all resolved. My triggers are not going nuts and I the ROI issue was AIO in the BI video tab. Now I will observe over the next several days but I think now its not in hyperdrive with motion triggers. Actually turned SMD off and enabled video detection in the camera. Plus adjust the zones/regions for Cam GUIs and BI interface.