BI will not wake up after windows 10 updates

Tuan

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed the latest windows 10 updates. After about 24 hours or so, I try to wake up the computer by pressing a key or moving the mouse around and the computer/display wont wake up. I cant access the cams with the iphone app either when this happens. I need to turn off the machine and back on again. I'm guessing its some windows 10 setting i'm missing or got changed. My father did the same windows updates and is experiencing the same issues as I am. What's the deal?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to go into the Power settings as it probably changed something to allow sleep. Look at the hard drive sleep and USB ports and allow neither to sleep. Even though you may not have anything in USB as it relates to BI and the cams, it can still shut it down.

Also, consider turning off Windows updates! Most of us have.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to go into the Power settings as it probably changed something to allow sleep. Look at the hard drive sleep and USB ports and allow neither to sleep. Even though you may not have anything in USB as it relates to BI and the cams, it can still shut it down.

Also, consider turning off Windows updates! Most of us have.
I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my BI PC. I allow the PC to update Windows 10. If most of you disable updates, do you then manually update? Recently, on my BI PC and other PCs, I have been getting notifications that my current WIndows 10 build will no longer be supported, an update is needed.
I don;' see where to completely disable windows updates but I can Duck that.

TIA

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many here are going a year or more without a Windows update on their BI computer. As long as the firewall and antivirus is current and the computer isn't used for anything else, it isn't an issue.