BI with Lorex NVR Plugged in? Will this work?

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m new to all this and really lacking knowledge. I literally finished building a PC to solely run BI. A friend of mine bought a broken 16 channel NVR kit off Kijiji and has managed to repair it and get it running, and it comes with 4 turret cameras that record sound and Cat 5e cables. He’s will to sell it to me for cheap ($200 Cdn) which is still cheaper than getting a large POE switch and a spoil of Cat 5e.

Can I use this kit and then directly plug the NVR into my new PC running BI to record off all the cameras?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all. I’m new to all this and really lacking knowledge. I literally finished building a PC to solely run BI. A friend of mine bought a broken 16 channel NVR kit off Kijiji and has managed to repair it and get it running, and it comes with 4 turret cameras that record sound and Cat 5e cables. He’s will to sell it to me for cheap ($200 Cdn) which is still cheaper than getting a large POE switch and a spoil of Cat 5e.

Can I use this kit and then directly plug the NVR into my new PC running BI to record off all the cameras?
Hi @NotWatching

I have heard of some doing this... what camera and nvr models? ( some lorex products are Dahua OEM - and thus we know them better than the non-Dahua lorex stuff here.. )

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NVR is N881A63B
Cameras are LNE8950AB x 4
Go for it. Good stuff Dahua OEM .. the cameras will work with BI...

( while we do like the 1/1.8" sensor models more, those cameras with the 1/2.5" 8MP sensor work nice with good light )

1583017957927.png

1583018018327.png