BI Won't Start Core i9-8950HK

Reaction score
Hello. I am trying to install Blue Iris and not having much luck. I've downloaded the latest version from the website. It appears to install correctly however when I try to run the application nothing happens.

Checking the windows event viewer - I see the following every time I attempt to open:

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 4.8.2.6, time stamp: 0x5bd77f5f
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several versions of the UHD 630 driver including those indicated to work in the memory leak threads.

I have a fresh install of Windows (new pc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh. That is one of the worst kinds of error. The kind that gives you no clues about the cause. I mean look at how terrible the error logging is. They can't even print the timestamp in a human-understandable format.

Where did you get the Windows install media? Have you tried creating a new USB installer using Microsoft's media creation tool?

64 bit version of BI? (that is what most people use)

I've seen it happen before that some full installers don't work quite right when a previous full installer plus an update patch does work. I'm uploading an old installer I used in January to dropbox right now... will post the link when it is done and you can try that.

That is a very unusual CPU model. Any other details you can share about this system? Maybe it doesn't run normal Windows 10 Home/Pro or has other uncommon hardware?