BI won't stay minimized...

jweltch

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently running the 15 day evaluation of BI, and will probably buy it once I get my camera system installed. So far I really like it, but I'm having an issue that I can't seem to find a solution for.

For now, until I get the rest of the hardware purchased, installed and configured properly I am running it on my "daily driver" desktop PC, which I use for other things including gaming. So far I only have one low resolution camera online and it's not taxing my system in any way that I can tell.

The issue is that I keep BI minimized while doing other activities but every time the camera is triggered BI pops up maximized over anything else I'm working on. I can't find a setting to prevent this. Do I simply need to run it as a service to prevent this or am I missing something?

Thanks

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check whether option "Force Window to foreground in addition to "Restore window when triggered" is selected and if so, unselect it. This setting is found in Blue Iris Options -> Cameras.

jweltch

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not selected.
I also forgot to mention that if I lock my PC and the monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes that the triggered camera will wake it up (but stay locked). Obviously the simple fix for that is to simply turn off the monitor, however I'd like to prevent this as well.
upload_2017-11-9_22-44-43.png

Reaction score
Late reply but I have just had this issue, "Force Window to foreground in addition to "Restore window when triggered" was also unticked, it turns out "Restore/focus app window" was ticked under "Camera Properties", "Trigger" for a couple of my cams, unticked them and it doesn't pop up anymore.

upload_2018-6-21_16-1-25.png