BI4 Digital I/O Unresponsive

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My issue is that I cannot get BI (ver 4.2.9) to respond ( as in be Triggered) t0 digital inputs on the PC COM port. The response I am looking for is to put a red border on the target camera image. The same response you get when the 'Trigger now' box is ticked. When everything works I will use the trigger to initiate recording by an external motion sensor.
The setup is as follows:
Camera 1 has “Trigger with DIO input bits 1” checked. No other boxes including Motion sensor are checked on the Motion/Trigger tab.
On the camera 1 Alerts tab only DIO and “Set digital output bits (1+2+4+8) are checked. Fire when: “This camera is triggered” is in the box
In general setup on the Digital I/O tab “Open DIO device on serial port COM14” is checked and the Protocol is GCE electronics. Set red traffic signal icon according to input 1 is checked
In the Cameras tab “Change border color to reflect camera state is checked
Motion sensing by the camera and associated audio alert work fine when I enable them but they are turned off for this test.
Everything else is pretty much set as installed except the 4 cameras which are individually set up and working.

I am testing with a terminal program to send the required digit, a 1 as in 1,2,4 or 8 to The PC COM14. A port sniffer running on the PC verifies that the digit is arriving at port 14.

I am pulling my hair out on this problem. Anyone out there have any suggestions on what I might be overlooking?

Eric