BI4 to BI5 transition fail

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After installing BI5 a few days ago i just now uninstalled BI4. Now nothing will work because i do not have the regestration number to BI4. I do not have Restore configured on my pc in order to save hdd space....am i screwed? did i just toss out approx. $80 worth of software availability?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After installing BI5 a few days ago i just now uninstalled BI4. Now nothing will work because i do not have the regestration number to BI4. I do not have Restore configured on my pc in order to save hdd space....am i screwed? did i just toss out approx. $80 worth of software availability?
You did not follow the migration guide thread. You should be able to pull up your registration key in the email sent to you when you first registered. You would be in the same boat if your hard drive crashed. This is why you should either keep your emails or print the key and keep it tape it to your pc. You could try emailing support and ask for your key based on your email address. Finally, on no planet does blue iris cost 80 bux.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You did not follow the migration guide thread. You should be able to pull up your registration key in the email sent to you when you first registered. You would be in the same boat if your hard drive crashed. This is why you should either keep your emails or print the key and keep it tape it to your pc. You could try emailing support and ask for your key based on your email address. Finally, on no planet does blue iris cost 80 bux.
actually considering the original cost and then the follow cost to keep it upgraded over the last few years adds up to over 80 bux..... maybe you need a calculator.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
actually considering the original cost and then the follow cost to keep it upgraded over the last few years adds up to over 80 bux..... maybe you need a calculator.
My math is fine. I figured you made that silly mistake. In the event you had to buy a new license your loss would be the cost of a new license, not the price you paid for your original license plus upgrade. This is basic accounting.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My math is fine. I figured you made that silly mistake. In the event you had to buy a new license your loss would be the cost of a new license, not the price you paid for your original license plus upgrade. This is basic accounting.
well think you mister know it all.... I am oh so glad you cleared that up for me.... Lord knows i would of pondered that for God knows how long.... So I guess what your saying is that due to my ignorance i should just move on from BI? It does seem that you may be correct once again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
well think you mister know it all.... I am oh so glad you cleared that up for me.... Lord knows i would of pondered that for God knows how long.... So I guess what your saying is that due to my ignorance i should just move on from BI? It does seem that you may be correct once again.
Yes, you should, if you cant figure out the 2 other solutions provided to you. There is a little known minimum 80 IQ to use blue iris. Its not listed on the blue iris website. There are plenty of other VMS options for you. Good luck.

Last edited:

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, you should, if you cant figure out the 2 other solutions provided to you. There is a little know minimum 80 IQ to use blue iris. Its not listed on the blue iris website. There are plenty of other VMS options for you. Good luck.
why you sufferin succotash.... how damned dare you call me out on my low IQ.... I cant help it i was born this way. My mom says i am smart and if you think i am going to believe you over her, well....sir ... you are out of your damned mind.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
seriously, i found the old email 5 min ago and its back up and running good as new

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For anyone with this problem in the future, it is likely you can find a registry backup in the new BI5 dir or the old BI4 dir, and restoring that should restore your key.