BI4 video loss after SSD clone/migration (same PC)

Redman

n3wb
Reaction score
The main (C) SSD of the PC running BI4 is dying ( SMART errors) . Cloned the drive to another SSD ( smaller , but still with plenty of space) and noticed right away there is only 1 camera working and all other ones (10) are cycling the video: ON/OFF. Cameras ping fine so.... I wonder if this is a license issue .

The Options --> About window looks ok ( at least I don't see any license error....). I see the license key ( first 5 and last 5 chars are displayed and the other ones are hidden). and NAME & EMAIL are empty.. I recognize the expiration date displayed with old /failing SSD.

Does a HDD/SSD replacement require a deactivation form old drive and reactivation on new drive? If BI is looking at the drive serial when registering a license , having to deactivate when replacing drives , does make sense.

Last edited:

Redman

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: this doesn't seem to be a license issue.

Just installed the old ( failing) drive, deactivated then installed the new ( cloned) drive , deactivated and activated. Issue still present: only video for 1 camera stays on , all other cameras have video cycling ON/OFF continuously. Not sure what's causing this.

BTW, while the old(failing) drive was active, I noticed the same video cycling issue. The old drive used to work fine up to the drive swap.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!