BI5 Admin + Menu

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just upgraded to BI5.

1) 6 hours later, when I open a console session (it runs the service no problem), it asks for user/pw. This is new. How do I turn this off?

2) After entering "admin" credentials, the menu button is grayed out and will not activate. This was working when I set it up 6 hrs ago. How do I re-enable the menu button? I've restarted BI5 with no success.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just upgraded to BI5.

1) 6 hours later, when I open a console session (it runs the service no problem), it asks for user/pw. This is new. How do I turn this off?

2) After entering "admin" credentials, the menu button is grayed out and will not activate. This was working when I set it up 6 hrs ago. How do I re-enable the menu button? I've restarted BI5 with no success.

Thanks.
You need to run blue Iris admin exe

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. What is/how do I do this? I don’t think I did this with BI4.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks again, will poke around. I’ve jus been using the desktop icon to launch it.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That did it. What happened is that I was NOT using the desktop icon, but the pinned to taskbar icon. For somereason, that one was "User" and not "admin".

When I pinned via rt clicking the task bar running BI indicator, it pinned "User". Rt clicking the desktop icon pinned "admin" to the taskbar.

All is well now, thank you!